Why video works
Nothing builds a brand like emotion, and nothing drives emotion like video.
- Videos Attract Attention
- Demand for Video is Increasing
- Videos Explain Things Better
- Video Boosts Conversions
- Google Prefers Video Content
- Video is a Powerful Sales Tool
- Video Can Be Repurposed Across Multiple Platforms
- (Greater reach = a greater return on investment)
⎋ This is a small excerpt from our eBook – The Ultimate Video Checklist, A Guide for Video Success. Download the full eBook HERE.
- 84% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
- 86% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 83% of video marketers say video has helped increase the average time their visitors spend on page.
What is an Explainer Video?
These are the most common types of media you’ll see doing the rounds. Explainers are a perfect fit for an audience seeking to learn more about a product or service. They’ll have the intention of either solving a pain point or capitalising on an opportunity.
A great Explainer resonates with their current situation and gets them excited about how your product/service can achieve their ambitions. An Explainer video is a short, powerful video, think of it as an elevator pitch in video form.
Video Checklist for Creating Great Explainer Videos
- Relate to your audience’s intent – why are they exploring your product or service?
- Define your promise – how you can help them realise their goals?
Watch the Adobe / Insight – Explainer Video
What is a Brand Video?
Where an Explainer takes on the specific role of getting your audience excited about a product or service, a Brand video gets them excited about your company. They work particularly well front and centre on your home page and also on LinkedIn.
Our goal is to create a resonance between your brand values and your audiences so that their reaction is “I really like and want to work with this company.”
Video Checklist for Creating Great Brand Videos
- Be welcoming – your brand video is your shop window
- Personify your brand values – build your brand authority
Watch the Insight Story of Retail Video
What are Social Hooks?
When going the whole hog on a TV Commercial isn’t an option, or you’re looking to advertise on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and the Google Display Network, then Social Hooks offer a compelling alternative.
They carry the same creative form as Commercials (a single proposition in a creative wrapper), but they run as short, silent, looping animations. If lead gen is your priority, then Social Hooks may be a very attractive and cost-effective option.
Video Checklist for Creating Great Social Hooks
- Create curiosity – evoke an emotional response
- Keep it focused – minimise cognitive load
Find out more about our Social Hooks.
What are Web Hooks?
Explainers and Brand Videos aren’t the only useful tools in your arsenal when seeking to engage web visitors. Affectionately named Web Hooks are short, looping animations that can quickly help a viewer to gain a better understanding of a specific issue or function.
For example, if you have a list of product benefits, then a series of Web Hooks could sit alongside these, helping the viewer visualise the features or functionality which deliver each benefit.
Video Checklist for Creating Great Web hooks
- Animate in context with your copy
- Focus on a single feature per Hook
Find out more about our Web Hooks.
What is a Commercial?
Gone are the days when commercials cost an arm and a leg to get in front of your audience. The TV only ‘spray and pray’ approach has been replaced with much more nuanced and highly targeted platforms, such as Sky Adsmart, YouTube Pre-roll, 4oD, LinkedIn etc.
The power of a commercial lies in its ability to take a single proposition (the core essence of the product/service) and showcase it in a creative and compelling way. If you haven’t ever considered commercials, now may be a perfect time.
Video Checklist for Creating Great Commercials
- Focus on a single proposition – one product/service promise
- Tell a story that creates an emotional bond – trigger an emotional response
Watch the Explore Learning with Disney Pixar Video.
Get in touch
If you are not already leveraging the benefits of video in your digital marketing and customer journeys, then there is no better time than the present to take your first steps.
If however you are using video but you are wondering how to make your messaging more impactful and effective, then why not talk to the team who have been pioneering in the video domain and constantly learning for over 10 years.